Hair wax is a popular product for hair styling for men and is loved... read more
Hair wax is a popular product for hair styling for men and is loved by men all over the world. Hair wax is even... read more
Hair wax is a popular product for hair styling for men and is loved by men all over the world. Hair wax is even one of the most popular products for men! This is partly due to the strong hold that wax gives your hair. A good hair wax can give both a good shine and a matte finish to your hair, that is the versatility of this product. A hair wax is especially suitable for men with short to medium length hair, thin hair or thick hair, and especially aimed at straight hair. Curls are a bit more difficult to style with a wax because the wax has a thick structure.
What does wax do to your hair?
With a hair wax you can model your hair well. Your hair stays in good shape and you can choose your own finish. The biggest benefits of wax in your hair?
- It is a perfect styling product for many hair types
- The wax doesn't harden like gel so you can keep restyling it all day long
- Not only many possibilities in terms of hair styling, but also by creating a subtle to high shine or a matte finish
- A hair wax for men often contains natural ingredients, making it less harmful to your hair and your skin
- There are also many different types of hair wax that are equipped with vitamins that nourish your hair in addition to styling it
Which hair wax is the best?
The answer to this completely depends on your hair type and the type of haircut you have. Quite a few mistakes are made when it comes to hair care for men . We are in favor of traditionally made wax with natural ingredients. With this you not only style your hair, but also provide your hair with good nutrition. This is important for the health of your hair, your scalp and promoting your hair growth. So don't forget that synthetic supermarket wax! Won't you do her any good.
Is wax bad for your hair?
Not in principle, but make sure you have a good wax. So don't go for the synthetic supermarket version. What you do make your hair happy with is a nourishing wax. So always check the description of a product.
What is hair wax made of?
The wax for your hair is available in 3 variants. They are produced on an oil and water basis. The third version is a mix of both. An oil-based hair wax is slightly more difficult to wash out of the hair than the water-based version. However, you need less of it to achieve a comfortable result. If you use a water-based wax, you will notice that it becomes harder than the oil variant.
It is quite personal which one you prefer, but at least you can choose a perfect wax that meets your requirements! To make it a little easier for you, we have a top 10 best wax (in our opinion) composed.
How do you apply wax to your hair?
Before you start styling with wax, we have explained the explanation in a few simple steps:
- Start by applying a small amount of wax to your finger. Depending on the amount of hair you have, you may want to apply a pea-sized amount first. An excessive amount of hair wax makes your hair look greasy.
- Wax is a hard product, so you will have to heat it up. Divide the wax over the palms and rub them together until they are completely melted and feel spreadable.
- Apply the hair wax to your hair. Start by applying the wax to the back of your head and slowly brush the wax to the front of your hair.
- Start styling your hair!
Ultimately, there is no right or wrong way to style your hair with wax. However, it is important that you do not use too much of the product, this way you prevent your hair from looking (too) greasy.
Is wax or gel better for your hair?
There's quite a lot difference between pomade, clay, paste, wax, gel and more . When it comes to wax and gel, the answer to this question will vary from person to person. But if you ask us, the wax will really win over the gel . Especially if you choose a nourishing wax, there are many more benefits for your haircut. Your hair looks healthier, has more opportunity to grow and it becomes fuller. Gel, on the other hand, makes your hair drier than a wax.
Which is stronger, wax or gel?
If you a gel your haircut becomes harder than when you apply a wax. This has to do with the fact that a gel is usually produced on a water basis. Water dries up. So you have a dry and harder haircut. Of course there are also more refined versions than the intense chemical jars with blue & yellow gel as we know them from the past.
A wax, and completely oil-based, is less harsh and you can continue to style your hair. That becomes a bit more difficult with a gel. Especially the cheap versions with which you get those fine white flakes in your hair.
Hopefully we have been able to give you a clear picture about hair wax and how you can best use it. Take a look around our range and we assure you that you will definitely find a match!