Nail polish for men is on the rise, also in the Netherlands. Well-known Dutch men such as Tim Hofman and Arno Kantelberg have been wearing it for years and you can also see it coming back more and more in the streets. Nail polish is edgy, an accessory to complete your whole look. Nail polish for men is here to stay.
What is nail polish?
Nail polish is a cosmetic product; a polish that you put on your nails. This can be a color, but black or transparent is also often used. Some nail polishes are used to strengthen your own nails. You can complete your look by adding nail polish. It exudes self-confidence and often gives a neat or edgy look.
How should you use a nail polish?
Using nail polish is not difficult, but you do need to master the technique. Remember: practice makes perfect.
- Start by clipping and filing your nails
- Place the brush of your nail polish on the center of your nail
- Leave about 0.5 mm from your cuticle, do not color this
- Smooth out the brush and sweep from bottom to top, applying a thin layer
- Move the brush a little more to the right or to the left if you still miss nail polish there
- Paint all your nails and then let it dry
- Apply a second coat so that all nails are nicely covered
- Let it dry well!